Position: Religious Worker
Vacancy Ref: RIC/RW/2019
Intake: 24th June 2019
Deadline: 26th July 2019
Reading Islamic Centre is one of the most established Sunni mosques in Reading, Berkshire, serving a large and diverse community. The Masjid urgently requires a learned, dynamic and approachable scholar or student of knowledge to take up the position of Imam at our Centre based close to Central Reading. We seek a character who can offer Islamic religious guidance, practices, and leadership, according to the teachings of the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
The position will require the following duties to be carried out at the centers:
- Teaching Qur’an
- Teaching Islamic sciences
- Manage daily, weekly and congregational prayers
- Being at the Masjid on a full time basis as required.
- The successful candidate will be fluent in English, Arabic and Urdu.
- The candidate must be able to present a recognised qualification in Islamic Studies from an appropriate institute.
- The candidate must be able to engage with all sections of the community, particularly the youth, and must be highly motivated to spread the true teachings of Islam based on the Qur’an, the authentic Sunnah and the Understanding of the Companions.
- He must have a good understanding of current affairs and our position as Muslims in Britain in the 21st Century, and be able to present Islam in this context.
- He must have demonstrable scholarship of the Shariah, and also the Islamic Sciences such as Aqedah and Hadith. The candidate must also be able to counsel members of the community
- The candidate must also be able to work together with the Centre Management Committee and other staff members in the running of various Masjid services such as regular classes, meetings and events. He must also have experience in interfaith relations, and be able to communicate with and present Islam to non-Muslims in the wider community.
- Overseas applicants must hold appropriate qualification in English from an academic institute and must fulfill the English requirements as per the UK immigration.
PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE NOTE: All applications must be received by Reading Islamic Centre by 26th July 2019 either via email or by post, for information visit the Contact page.
Apply now by filling out the Job Application Form (111 downloads) .